How to Do Floral Art with Daylilies
Tips to Prepare Daylilies for Modern Floral Art
Daylilies are a great option to use as cut flowers for your vases or other flower arrangements. You need a little bit of creativity and imagination to do eye-catching daylily flower arrangements. An option is to use patterned or watermarked daylilies along with other long or short-stalked flowers or with different varieties of foliage. You should select daylily flower stalks with bright and attractive flowers and ready to open buds for the floral arrangements. This can last for days.
Daylily All American Chief is a great variety with bright flowers that opens first thing in the morning and can brighten your indoor space (photo). You can grow the daylilies in your garden or can get them from suppliers. Arranging the flowers and foliage in the right combination and proportion can bring out the best result. You need to experiment with your flowers to get the best possible outcome for the floral arrangement. Make endless combinations and arrangements with these flowers. You can feel endless pleasure watching the flowers inside your home. Enhance the beauty of a flower by using it in the perfect way in an arrangement. Floral designers are experts in creating floral arrangements for special occasions. There is also the option to use other accessories to make your arrangement look stunning.
How to Condition the Cut Daylilies?
To make the flower arrangement using daylilies look eye-catching and to stay longer, you need to condition the daylilies. Daylilies will last only for one day. So, you need to be extremely careful while conditioning these flowers for the vase.
- You should select flowers with long stalks and flowers and buds.
- Remove very smaller buds that may not open even after two to three days.
- Use sharp scissors or snips to cut the stalk and remove the lower leaves.
- Cut the lower 1-inch end of the stem diagonally.
- Immediately place the cut end of the stalk into a bucket with few inches of water.
- Allow the flower to remain in the water for a few hours, away from sunlight.
- In a vase, add warm water and cut-flower food in the prescribed ratio and mix well.
- Arrange the flowers in the vase and keep them in a cool but well-ventilated area.
- Change the water once in two days to make the arrangement last.
- Cut off the faded flowers from the arrangement every day.
Tips for Floral Art Arrangement
There are certain things you need to know to get the best out of the daylilies you are using for indoor arrangements.
- Cut the flowers for arrangement either early morning or in the evenings, one or two hours after watering them.
- Avoid using a blunt knife or scissors to cut flowers, as the damaged stem cannot absorb food from the water.
- If you are getting the flower from a supplier, remove the flowers from the packaging and place them in a container with water in it.
- Always use floral preservatives to keep lilies fresh for longer.
- Before using the cut flowers in the arrangement remove the side stems and leaves on the lower side so that only the stem of the flower touches the water.
You just need to spend a few minutes every day to take care of the floral arrangement, so that you can enjoy their beauty for more days.